domingo, 17 de mayo de 2009

She says "wake up, it's no use pretending"
I'll keep stealing, breathing her
Birds are leaving over autumn's ending
One of us will die inside these arms
Eyes wide open, naked as we came
One will spread our ashes 'round the yard

She says "If I leave before you, darling,
don't you waste me in the ground"
I lay smiling like our sleeping children
One of us will die inside these arms
Eyes wide open, naked as we came
One will spread our ashes 'round the yard

Iron & Wine
Naked as We Came
(en Our Endless Numbered Days, 2004)



I’m falling in love with her
Hopelessly smitten
and strangely driven
to stop and stare and wonder
How have I been here before?
And why do I want more and more?

Each into the other, this
Plainly forbidden,
fruit that has given
form to what was private bliss
Upon reflection I find
I’m losing myself and my mind

Can I woo her through the looking glass?
This refraction of light I see
In the pool face to face we match
like ghosts, like family,
like angels
Translucent and
in-between

I’m falling in love with her
Brazenly object,
willingly subject,
as sunlight through the moon,
like a soliloquy or two
Forever as one, me and you

Patricia Barber
Narcissus
(en Mythologies, 2006)

1 comentario:

Cecilia dijo...

I never felt magic crazy as this
I never saw moons knew the meaning of the sea
I never held emotion in the palm of my hand
Or felt sweet breezes in the top of a tree
But now you're here
Bright in my northern sky.

It's been a long time that I'm waiting
Been a long time that I'm blown
been a long time that I've wandered
Through the people I have known
Oh, if you would and you could
Straighten my new mind's eye.